How will I know if Moorhill Primary School is closed?
Schools are expected to operate normally wherever feasible and we will only resort to closure or early closure in exceptional circumstances. We will take into consideration whether children and staff can travel safely to and from school and if the site will remain safe throughout the day.
In the unlikely event that we need to close our school due to adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstance (such as heating failure, burst water pipe, etc.), we will make a decision as soon as possible and preferably before 8:00 am in the morning.
A risk assessment is conducted taking into account a range of factors including:
Information about INSET days will be communicated to parents at the beginning of the academic year through the school website and September newsletter.
Any updates will be communicated via text message to parents.
Adverse Weather Conditions
In the majority of cases, and especially with regard to snow closures, we will communicate closures in the following way before 8:00 a.m.
- Sending a text message to all parents to say the school is closed.
- Displaying a message on this website.
- Informing Staffordshire County Council.
- Local radio stations (Signal, Heart FM, Beacon Radio) will use the information from the Staffordshire County Council website to broadcast which schools are closed.
- Parents can also check on all closures by clicking the link below to the Staffordshire Education website.
- We ask that you refrain from calling the school office to check on school openings, as this blocks the lines for important calls that need to be made.