Welcome from the Chair of Governors
Welcome to the Governor pages of our new site. The Governing Body of Moorhill is made up of a group of people from a wide range of backgrounds, who give their time freely in order to work with the Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team to ensure that every child achieves his or her full potential.
The Governing body has a strategic role within the context of the school. It is responsible for the school continuing to improve its standards academically and also to give the children the best environment in which to learn and ensure the school continues to be a key focus of our community.
If you would like to know more about the work of the Governing Body then please contact the school and a governor will contact you to discuss the roles and responsibilities further.
– Mike Taylor, Chair of Governors
All State Primary Schools are accountable to their governing bodies, which in turn are accountable to parents and the community. The Governing Body is made up of members of the local authority, community, parents and staff. Governors serve a term of 4 years and can put themselves forward at the end of their term for re-election.
At Moorhill we have a dedicated team of governors, committed to the key roles of:
- Determining the strategic direction of the school
- Monitoring and evaluating the school’s progress against annual targets
- Ensuring accountability
- Approving and monitoring the budget
- Mrs. S. Sindrey (Headteacher)
- Miss L. Griffiths (Deputy Headteacher)
- Mrs. A. Burns (Values inc. British Values, Environment Values, Equality/Curriculum – Chair of Health & Safety Committee)
- Mr. M. Taylor (Chair of Governors/Chair of Finance Committee/Pupil Premium/Maths Governor) (Mr. Taylor has declared a pecuniary interest – he drives the school minibus as required and also does some independent work for Moorhill)
- Mr. M. Brooks (Finance Committee – Link Governor for Behaviour)
- Mr. M. Amos (Curriculum Committee – Link Governor for Science)
- Mr. T. Tilsley (Finance Committee – Link Governor for ICT)
- Mrs. L. Edgar-Kerrigan (Foundation – Finance Committee – Link Governor for Early Years)
- Miss J. Cooper (Local Authority Governor – Newly appointed)
- Mr. M. Wood (Associate Governor – Mr. Wood does not have any voting rights as an Associate)
We have now appointed Jessica Cooper as our new Local Authority Governor. Jessica is a local councillor on Cannock Council.
Our Governing Body is split into the following committees:
- Finance & Personnel
- Curriculum & Standards
- Full Governors
- Health and Safety
- Performance Management