The Moorhill Vision
When our children leave Moorhill, they will be motivated and inspired learners who are articulate, literate and numerate.
They will know that by working hard and working together they can achieve greater success; they will have high aspirations, lifelong skills for learning and will successfully demonstrate our core values in all areas of their lives.
We aim to achieve this vision through our community code of 'Believe and Achieve Together' and our school values:
Ambitions & Aspiration
Through our school values and our curriculum we also aim to embed the British Values of Mutual Respect and Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
The rule of law
At Moorhill Primary School we...
- ...provide a positive and consistent behaviour system that enables our pupils to develop resilience and strategies to succeed.
- ...promote effective communications between school and the community.
- ...provide a broad, balanced curriculum that enables our pupils to make good progress in all areas of learning.
- ...provide a safe and secure environment in which children can learn.
- ...provide opportunities for each child to achieve his/her maximum potential through high quality teacher, learning and assessment.
- ...develop an appreciation of, and sense of, responsibility for the natural world and the environment.
- ...contribute to the physical development of each pupil and promote a positive attitude towards health and fitness.
- ...establish high levels of attendance and promote punctuality.
- ...promote an understanding of diversity within our school, local and global community.
- ...promote the essential values of mutual respect, collaboration, tolerance, resilience, effective communication, high aspirations and self-belief, positive relationships.
- ...promote high self-esteem and pride in our own achievements.
- ...ensure individual development for everyone in our school community.